Public Information Officer
The duties of the P.I.O.:
1. Assist news personnel with routine news stories as well as assisting them at critical incidents.
2. Prepare and distribute news releases.
3. Arrange for and assist with news conferences.
4. Coordinate and release information about ongoing investigations.
5. Distribute safety information to the general public.
The PIOs are available to assist the media on an on-call basis.
They can be reached at (419) 897-7040 or email them at Chief Sprow or Assistant Chief Michael Love.