ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID
1. Sealed BIDS for the furnishing of the necessary materials and construction of:
WATER – GIBBS, INDIANA TO WILLIAMS WATERLINE REPLACEMENT
will be received by the Capital Projects Manager at The City of Maumee office at
400 Conant Street, Maumee, Ohio 43537
until Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 9:00 am, local time, and at that time and place will be publicly opened and read aloud.
2. The WORK shall include the furnishing and installation of all materials, equipment, appurtenances, labor, and incidentals required for WATER – GIBBS, INDIANA TO WILLIAMS WATERLINE REPLACEMENT, for The City of Maumee, OH, in accordance with plans and specifications prepared by The JDI Group, Inc. for waterline improvements.
3. The CONTRACT DOCUMENTS are on file at the engineer’s office, The JDI Group, Inc., 360 W. Dussel Dr., Maumee, Ohio 43537. Contract documents and plans may be obtained for a non-refundable fee of $25.00 plus shipping, if requested.
Checks shall be made payable to The JDI Group, Inc., and are non-refundable. A copy of the contract documents is available for review at The City of Maumee, Building Inspection Office, 400 Conant St., Maumee, Ohio 43537.
4. Refer to The City of Maumee website at www.maumee.org for proposal to bid
5. Prevailing Wage Rates are applicable to this Project.
6. ALL BIDS shall be signed and submitted on the BID FORM found in the CONTRACT DOCUMENTS. The BID FORM shall not be removed from the bound CONTRACT DOCUMENTS. BID shall be enclosed in a sealed envelope marked “BID FOR WATER – GIBBS, INDIANA TO WILLIAMS WATERLINE REPLACEMENT” and indicate the name of the BIDDER and be addressed to The City of Maumee, Attn: Capital Projects Manager, 400 Conant Street, Maumee, Ohio 43537.
7. Each BID shall contain the name of every person, firm or corporation interested in the same, and must be accompanied by either a Bid Guaranty (meeting the requirements of Section 153.54 of the Ohio Revised Code) and Contract Bond in the amount of 100% of the amount BID or a certified check on a solvent bank, in the amount of ten (10%) of the amount BID, made payable to The City of Maumee, 400 Conant Street, Maumee, Ohio 43537, as a guarantee that if the BID is accepted, a contract will be entered into and its performance properly secured.
8. The City of Maumee may reject any and all of the bids on any basis and without disclosure of a reason. The failure to make such a disclosure shall not result in accrual of any right, claim or cause of action by any unsuccessful bidder against The City of Maumee.
9. Construction will commence on or about July 1, 2023, (Weather permitting) and will be completed on or about August 1, 2023.
10. No bidder may withdraw his bid within sixty (60) days after the actual date of the opening thereof. The Owner reserves the right to waive any informalities or to reject any and all bids.
11. This project will be awarded as a unit price per item contract.
12. Prime contractor and all subcontractors must be ODOT prequalified in their respective field of work.
13. Work must be completed for the Anthony Wayne Crossing first.
14. EPA permitting (by The JDI Group) has been secured where an existing 4” line is being replaced with an 8” and where a new line is being installed.
15. Plan holders final questions are due at 9:00 am local time on Thursday, May 25, 2023.